The PHE has teamed up with the national AMR/HCAI Division to deliver an AMR webinar for all pharmacy staff. The webinar is being delivered alongside the national ‘Keep Antibiotics Working’ campaign for pharmacies which contractors are required to participate in from 1 Sept. to 30 Sept. The webinar is directed at all pharmacy staff and will cover:
- What AMR is and why it is important;
- What pharmacy staff can do to help stop the spread of AMR;
- How to recognise when a client may have a self-limiting infection;
- Guidance on giving advice to clients about self-care and when antibiotics may not be appropriate; and
- Preparing pharmacy staff to make the most of the AMR campaign.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, 29 August from 19:30-20:15 and will include a Q&A session after the presentation with Dr Diane Ashiru-Oredope, Lead Pharmacist in the PHE HCAI/AMR Division.
For more information, please see the attached FLYER or the Antibiotic Guardian website: https://antibioticguardian.com/Meetings/pharmacy-amr-campaign-webinar/
Although the webinar was originally developed for pharmacies in the East of England, the content is applicable to all regions and we encourage pharmacies in other areas to take part.
You can register on the following LINK.
Please feel free to cascade/share this with any colleagues who may be interested.